WhatsApp users have now more options to share and record voice messages! Check out what WhatsApp Voice messages update brings for you. Here’s the list.
WhatsApp, the instant-messaging app, has updated its voice messaging feature. Now WhatsApp users will have more control over the voice messaging feature- play voice messages at different speeds, play outside the chat too, continue from where you left off, and more. Meta-owned message sharing platform confirmed via Tweet and a blog that it has added 6 new features for voice messages and they roll out in the coming weeks. Check out what WhatsApp Voice messages update really means for you.
WhatsApp voice messages feature was launched back in 2013 and it has emerged as a great way of communicating with friends and family. It made chatting quick and easy for users and even enabled more expressive conversations. This was really welcomed by those who prefer to avoid typing to share a story. In many situations, WhatsApp voice messages are a preferred form of communication. WhatsApp has shared an interesting stat that says users send over 7 billion voice messages on average every day! “All of which are protected by end-to-end encryption to keep them private and secure at all times,” the WhatsApp blog added.
WhatsApp Voice messages new features
WhatsApp Voices messages got six new features. These will be rolling out to WhatsApp users in the coming weeks. Here’s what you will be able to do with the new WhatsApp Voice messages features:
1. Out of Chat Playback: Right now, if you want to listen to a voice message then you need to stay in the chat itself. But with the newly added feature, you can listen to a voice message even outside of the chat. So, you can multitask. While listening to the voice note, you can read other messages and respond.
2. Pause/Resume Recording: While recording and sending a voice message, now you can pause in between in case you’re interrupted or need to gather your thoughts, and then resume the recording when you are ready.
3. Waveform visualization: The voice message will be shown in a visual representation of the sound that will help you to follow the recording.
4. Voice message draft preview: You can record, pause and now even listen to your recording before sending it. This feature was in discussion for a long time, and now it’s finally coming!
5. Remember Playback: Pick from where you left! Simply means, if you paused the voice message while listening, then when you return to the chat, you can pick up where you left off last time.
6. Fast Playback on Forwarded Messages: You can play any voice message at different speeds, either 1.5 times or 2 times the normal speed to listen to messages faster on both regular and forwarded messages.