RC Transfer Rule: If you buy a second-hand vehicle, then you are required to get its RC transferred within 14 days. For this, you have to apply in your RTO. We are telling you the complete process of this.
Many of us buy and sell second-hand vehicles. As, you know that until you won’t transfer the ownership of the vehicle in your name (RC Transfer), you are not called the owner of that vehicle.
If you are buying or selling any old vehicle, then it is very important for you to transfer the registration of the vehicle. Many difficulties have to be faced in getting the RC transfer done. Many times one has to make rounds of the RTO office. Today we will let you know the complete process.
It is necessary to transfer RC within 14 days
The seller of any vehicle is required to get its RC transferred within 14 days. For this, you have to apply in your RTO. In which some papers are required. It is necessary to have the original copy of RC in these papers.
Apart from this, you will have to fill out Form 29, in which it is necessary to have the passport size photograph of the buyer and the signature of the buyer. This form is easily available on the RTO website, which you can download and submit to the RTO
After, much of the process is completed the RC is transferred and sent to the new address within 30 days. But in the case of transfer of vehicle from one state to another, Form 28 is used which may take more than 30 days.
How to do offline transfer
1. For this, first you have to create your account by entering your name, mobile number, email address, etc. on the official website of the Ministry of Transport Highway https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan
2. After the account is created, you have to click on the online service. Here you have to select the Vehicle-Related service option.
3. Now an application form will open in front of you, where you will get OTP on your mobile number by entering the registration number of your vehicle.
4. After entering the OTP, a new page will open in front of you. Here you have to click on the Transfer of Ownership option. After that click on submit button.
5. After SUBMIT, the FORM will come in front of you, here you have to give information about the vehicle and registration.
6. Now you have to submit the form. After this, you can take the date of appointment from the RTO office as per your wish.
Go to the RTO office and do all the processes told to you, here you will have to pay all the documents and processing fees. After this, you will be told the date, by going to that day you can check your status.