A ration card is an essential document given by the Govt. to its citizens. This document not only provides subsidized rations to the poor but is also used for identification when needed. It is also used for proof of citizenship, and address proof. Ration cardholders get a discount on the purchase of wheat, sugar, rice, kerosene, etc. For a few months, free food grains are being given to poor families in states like UP, and Delhi.
Many times the name is removed from the ration list due to some reason, in such a situation, common people have to face a lot of problems. Not only this, the ration card is used as an identity card for opening the Jan Dhan account. If someone does not have an Aadhar card, then he can use the ration card at many places. But sometimes the name is removed from the ration list due to various reasons, in such a situation, common people have to face a lot of problems. Especially when you do not even know that your name has been removed from the list of ration cards. Today we are going to tell you how to check the name on the ration card sitting at home. For this, you have to go to the website of NFSA.
Check your name in the list like this
- To know whether your name has been cut from the ration card list or not, you have to visit its official website https://nfsa.gov.in/Default.aspx
- After this, you will select the option of a ration card.
- Now you have to click on the option with Ration Card Details On State Portals.
- After which you have to choose your state and your district in it.
- After the district you have to enter the name of your block, then choose the name of the panchayat.
- Now here you select the name of the shopkeeper of your ration shop and the type of ration card.
- After this, a list of names will come in front of you, which is of ration cardholders. Then you can see your name on this list.
If your name is on this list, then your name is not cut off. You can also download this list.