7th Pay Commission: Finally, the good news has come for the central employees, for which they were waiting for a long time. The dearness allowance of central employees is going to increase from July 1. According to media reports, the government can increase the dearness allowance (DA Hike) by 6 percent from July 1. Let’s know the latest updates.
How much will the dearness allowance increase?
Actually, the increase in DA depends on the data of AICPI. The AICPI index had jumped in March and April 2022, due to which there is no doubt about the 5% increase in Dearness Allowance (DA). That is, then the DA of the employees will increase from 34 percent to 39 percent. But now according to the new figures, there are chances of a 6% increase in the DA of the employees.
What does AICPI Index say?
Actually, for the months of January and February this year, there was a decline in the AICPI index, but after that, the figures for AICPI are increasing. 125.1 in January, 125 in February, and increased one point to 126 in March.
Now the figures for April have also come out. According to the data for April, the AICPI index has come down to 127.7. There has been an increase of 1.35 percent in this, and now the figure for May is coming. If this figure increases in May also, then there may be a 6% increase in DA.
How much will the salary increase?
If the government increases DA by 6%, then the DA of central employees will increase from 34% to 40%. Let us see how much there will be an increase in the maximum and minimum basic salary.
Calculation of maximum basic salary
1. Basic salary of the employee is Rs 56,900
2. New dearness allowance (40%) Rs 22,760/month
3. Dearness allowance so far (34%) Rs 19,346/month
4. How much dearness allowance increased by 22,760-19,346 = Rs 3,414/month
5. Increase in annual salary 3,414 X12 = Rs 40,968
Calculation of minimum basic salary
1. Basic salary of employee Rs 18,000
2. New dearness allowance (40%) Rs 7,200/month
3. Dearness allowance so far (34%) Rs 6120/month
4. How much dearness allowance increased 7200-6120 = Rs 1080/month
5. Increase in annual salary 1080 X12 = Rs 12,960